Aims & Code of Conduct
VASSA’s AIMS are to …
- Promote and encourage the study of South African architecture and its associated culture
- Organise lectures
- Arrange excursions and study tours
- Foster research
- Publish original work
- Undertake and promote the recording of sites visited
- Publish / lodge studies or surveys in a repository for the use of students and other interested parties
- Selectively lobby for heritage issues
VASSA’s CODE OF CONDUCT …
- No personal comments are to be made about the state of the house / decor etc., nor are prices to be discussed or offers made on anything.
- Unless specifically invited by our hosts, we never sit down inside their homes, enter rooms with closed doors, or use the bathroom.
- No objects are to be touched, or doors or drawers opened.
- No flowers or plants are to be picked from any garden.
- No animals are allowed on outings ever – or children without pre-arrangement.
- No cell phones during talks & outings.
- Wear your badge to all outings. As well as being compulsory, it’s a courtesy to fellow members as well as a safety measure to private hosts who generously allow us into their homes.
- No photographs to be posted anywhere online of interiors / objects within dwellings we visit, unless specific permission has been requested and granted by the home owner / host.